Jazzy J

Jazzy J

Friday, March 18, 2011

8 Weeks

Moriah was 8 weeks old yesterday. It's crazy to even type that. The doctor visit went pretty good...learned a few things like DON'T DILUTE HER BOTTLES! (I had been diluting them with extra water, thinking that may help with her constipation but the doctor informed me that was a serious no-no as it can mess her electrolites up big time. oops).

She was not a fan of the shots. She paused and got quiet when she first got them, then screamed big time for a few seconds. She then got quiet again and went into more of a "that hurt my feelings" cry. She's been running a low grade fever and was pretty tired yesterday afternoon but that is normal. I did better than I thought. I just told myself in a matter-of-fact tone (inside my head-ha!) that all 2 month olds had to do this and this was just part of it and to get tough. So that's what I did, lest that inner Drill Sergeant yell at me...

Her are her stats:

Birthweight: 6 lbs. 14 oz.
Weight at 8 weeks: 10 lbs 4 oz (40th percentile)

Length at birth: 19 1/2 inches (although we don't think they stretched her out long enough to measure her because she was miraculously an inch or so longer at the doctor just a few days after that).
Length at 8 weeks: 22 1/4 inches (54th percentile)

So we've got a strong, healthy, little girl!

In other news, we skyped with her grandparents and uncles from Indiana last night which was a first. Isn't technology amazing?

Well, I've got to go do my weigh-in at Weight Watchers so I'll post a few pics and call it a post...Happy Friday!


Dressed in our green for St. Pattys Day yesterday (Mo is wearing a cute outfit from Tootsie although it's kinda hard to see with her all scrunched up).


Here she is relaxing in her bouncy seat before we left for the doc.


haha- all ready to go. Come on Mom..let's get this over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment