Jazzy J

Jazzy J

Friday, December 24, 2010

34 Weeks!

We've now made it to 34 weeks, but not without a little "mo" drama!

Get it?! "Mo drama?!" Ok I'll stop now.

During my appointment Wednesday in which I had an NST (non stress test- where they hook you up to a couple monitors for about 25 mins), we realized I was having a LOT of contractions. Apparently I was having them every 3 minutes or so during the NST. ugh. Then we had an ultrasound and good ole Mr. Cervix has shrunken a little more. Not great news. The doctor told me she would be "very happy" if I made it to 35 weeks...hmmm. Not sure how to read that comment. Does she mean that given my specific circumstances she would be very surprised/ happy or she would just be happy in general if I make it to 35 weeks, as she would anyone?

(scratching head).

She gave me a prescription for some new medicine that was supposed to help stop the contractions and then told me if they continued at a rate of more than 6 in an hour to call her. Well after taking my pill at 7pm Wednesday evening and giving it an hour to settle in and start working, I started timing my contractions at 8. (Keep in mind these aren't the kind of contractions you see in the movies that seem to really hurt, it's just an annoying tightening of my uterus. Not much pain). Anyways, from 8-9 I had 13 contractions and from 9-10 I had slowed down to "just" 9 contractions. So I reluctantly called the doctor and heard the words I dreaded hearing...

"I know you're not going to like this, but I need to send you up to the hospital for a little while to see if we can get these contractions stopped."  


"NOOOOOO"!!!!!!!! I said in my head but not outloud. 


So off we went on our 3rd trip to our dear friends at ETMC. They gave me an injection of the "contraction stopping medicine" and another IV...Is it just me or do those IV's not hurt like the dickens?! Anyway, wouldn't you know it, the meds and IV did the trick and I don't think I had one contraction up there. So two hours later we were sent home and got in bed about 1am. So glad they didn't make me stay, don't get me wrong!

But the next time I go to the hospital, can we please come home with something (some"one") to show for it? I'm just sayin. Hopefully our next trip to ETMC will be after 35 weeks and will be the real deal!

I finally found the cord to my camera, so I'll post a few pics if I can figure it out.

Here I am at my "home away from home"....ETMC 4th floor Labor and Delivery. (covering up the gaping holes in the aforementioned Nursing Gown for the Elderly).




Here I am 3 weeks ago (at 31 weeks) ringing the Salvation Army Bell at the mall. This is so fun! I just love ringing the bell, watching all the people, and saying "Merry Christmas!" Props to Nursey Billy Nightingale for bringing the lawn chair for me!




Here's a standing pic of me at 31 weeks. (Three weeks ago).





Frontal view of "us" today at 34 weeks.





Side view at 34 weeks. (Notice my bump in the front is bigger than my bump in the back for probably the only time in my life! ha!)



Recent face pic...oh the glorious Pregnant face heehee







Here are the highlights from Week 34:

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is supposed to be about 4 3/4 lbs this week and almost 18 inches.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all I wear is maternity. I particularly love a pair of black yoga maternity pants I've worn almost daily on my bedrest stint!
Gender: It's still a girl!!! Moriah Grace Allen
Movement: She's still very active and she's also head down.
Sleep: Sleep is on and off these days...especially since I'm trying to hydrate so much the bathroom trips have increased. I also have to set my alarm to take my meds in the night.
What I miss: going out of the house, driving, seeing my toes, putting on my own shoes, being able to walk/exercise, sleeping on my back, getting out of the house...but i wouldn't trade this for the world!!!!
Cravings: this week I've really craved oatmeal and hot chips (not together).
Symptoms: Cervix is continuing to shorten, and had more contractions this week. Thanks to the meds and hydration, we are slowing them down!
Best Moment this week: Leaving the hospital Wednesday night!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your experiences AND seeing all of the super cute belly pics!!

    ReplyDelete