Jazzy J

Jazzy J

Friday, December 31, 2010

35 Weeks (aka "The End of Bedrest!")

I found out at the doctor Tuesday that I'm dilated to 1 cm and am 70% effaced. (I also found out I still have a sensitive cervix and it still BLEEDS when it's messed with! If only the doctor can get that through her head).

No, in reality she's really great and she told me she's not checking it again until she has to. Very much appreciated.

So as I was saying, I'm 1cm dilated and 70% effaced. Of course there are women who've been at this same stage and lasted for several more weeks, and then there are those who have gone into labor within days. I tried to get my doctor to give me a "shot in the dark" as to when she thought I'd go into labor. She said she didn't think I'd make it to my due date (Feb 4th) but other than that she really couldn't say.

It's not that I'm worried persay about when I might go into labor, I'm just so dern curious!

And EXCITED!

And ok, maybe a tad bit nervous!

But REALLY EXCITED!!!!

Because our lives are really about to change! There's going to be a LIVE, little human being baby IN OUR HOUSE!!!! 

We are literally on the brink of a life altering event right in front of us, but I have no idea what moment it will happen. Tomorrow? In a week? 3 weeks?

Surely I won't have to be induced after 3 hospital trips and 2 stints of bedrest?! Right, Lord?!!!

Will my water break while in my office counseling a student? Will I wake up with strong contractions in the middle of the night? Will my water break in the middle of the night?

(I would like to insert here that should my water break in the middle of the night it will not be a problem, thanks to Kath, aka "Captain Prepared," giving me the waterproof mattress protector).

In one way I'd like to know how and when it would happen, but I can't lie, the mystery of it is rather thrilling! I know this comes as a shocker to some of you, but I've never been one to shy away from a little drama and suspense! (grin). 

And I'm liking that Moriah seems to feel the same way.

MY KIND OF GIRL!

Here are the highlights from Week 35....ahhh "Week 35.." I think I'll type it one more time..."Week 35." That really has a ring to it, don't you think?!!!

Pregnancy Highlights from WEEK 35:
How Far Along: 35 Weeks..oh, did I mention that already?
Size of baby: If she's going by the book (which clearly she hasn't so far), Baby is supposed to be about 5 1/4 lbs this week and 18 inches long. We'll see.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all I wear is maternity.
Gender: It's still a girl!!! Moriah Grace Allen
Movement: She seems to be doing a lot of stretching these days (like in my rib cage). And it feels like she's sticking her butt into the "air" (my uterus wall) on the right side of my tummy. Perhaps I'm cooking up a future Yogie. 
Sleep: I've slept pretty good this week.
(And according to Billy even snored a little and talked in my sleep one night. I apparently raised my voice and said "What are you doing?!" And when he asked who I was talking to I said "My class!"). 
What I miss: Oh you know...little things like being able to SEE the legs I'm shaving, walking without waddling, getting up and down from the couch without first rolling over to my side, feeling for the floor with my feet, and then hanging onto the armrest for support to stand...
Cravings: This week I've really craved spicy things. Lots of hot cheetos! And red pepper on my pizza! I've even carried around a little bottle of Tabasco sauce in my pocket! (ok maybe that parts a lie). 
Symptoms: As of Wednesday, my cervix was 70% effaced and I was dilated to 1 cm. Still having contractions (not severe just tightening). And we've added a little heartburn to the mix this week, thanks to the spicy.
Best Moment this week: TODAY I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH BEDREST!!!! I MADE IT TO THE 35 WEEK MILESTONE! IT'S DATE TIME! THANK YOU LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment