Jazzy J

Jazzy J

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I mentioned last week that we actually had some snow that stuck. Enough, actually, that we got to stay home from school last Monday! (Of course the amount we had would not be enough for a northerner to bat an eye, but around these parts we get mighty worked up about an inch of ice or snow)!

Oh yes, the meteorologists get all antsy and excited (one in particular with the initials Mark Scirto!) and tell everyone to "GO TO THE GROCERY STORE IMMEDIATELY AND GET WATER, FOOD, BATTERY OPERATED RADIOS, AND PIPE COVERS. WE ARE IN FOR A WINTER STORM, FOLKS. PLEASE...PLEASE...STAY OFF THE ROADS! THIS IS GOING TO GET SERIOUS!"

Billy especially gets a kick out of it.

But anyways, here are a few pics I took of the "Big Winter Storm" that hit Tyler last week...it was really pretty!



Here's a picture of the front of our house (I tiptoed my very pregnant self out to the street very carefully to get this one!)



While I was out in the road I figured I'd go ahead and take a pic of the view looking down our street. It was so pretty!



Here's a view looking from our living room at the back patio. Notice the nice bit of snow that's coated the top of the bushes! And covered the grass!


No comments:

Post a Comment